Our physicians and support staff would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to your medical home. As your partners of health care, we look forward to serving you. We hope that together, we can build a relationship that will ensure you receive the highest quality care.
In order to maximize your benefits, it is very important that you familiarize yourself with the different process in place as well as policies outlined in this section. Our courteous staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
We are working to make health care safety a priority. You as the patient can play a role in making your care safe be becoming an active, involved informed member of your health care team.
Office visits are meant to protect your health safety, to ensure the effectiveness of your treatments and to check for any side effects from your medications. Your specific wellness needs will determine the frequency of your office visits. Once you and your doctor determine your wellness needs, all medications will be prescribed according to the next scheduled office visit. Refills (link down to Refills) will be given in accordance to office visit frequency.
Frequency of Office visits:
- Wellness / annual visit
- Frequency of visits may vary depending on medical necessity
Always call 9-1-1 in case of an emergency. If you have a situation, you feel is urgent please call:
(956) 903-4218 for our 208 E. Starr St. Mercedes, TX Location
When calling after hours, our answering service will locate your physician / provider. Please explain the nature and urgency of your problem clearly and concisely, and the physician on call will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Please bring all of your medications to all your office visits, if not a complete list of all medications will be acceptable. The list should include all prescribed medications, over the counter medications when appropriate, doses and frequencies and any natural remedies or herbal products being taken.
During your office visit your physician or mid level provider like a physician assistant or nurse practitioner will refill your medications. Follow-up appointments to monitor your progress on these medications are very important. We understand that there may be situations when you can not attend to your office visit, in such cases contact our office for arrangements:
(956) 903-4218 for our 208 E. Starr St. Mercedes, TX Location
Self Management of Diabetes and Hypertension
We ask all patients with diabetes and or hypertension to record blood sugars and blood pressures at home as instructed by their physician, and to bring in the logs for review at each clinic visit. This will help in the management of these conditions.
- You have the right to be treated with respect, consideration and dignity.
- You have the right to high quality medical care delivered in a safe, timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
- You have the right to be assured that the expected results can be reasonably anticipated.
- You have the right to privacy to the extent possible.
- You have the right to have our disclosures and records treated confidentially and expect when required by law, those disclosures and records will not be released without your approval Please refer to our Notices of Privacy Practices for further details on how we safeguard your medical records. You can find the privacy notices posted in the front waiting area.
- You have the right to be provided, to the degree known, compete information concerning your diagnosis, evaluation, treatment and prognosis.
- You have the right to copies of your medical records at nominal cost and, if you request it, those records will be transferred to another practitioner in a timely manner at no cost to you.
- You have the right to be informed of all reasonable options or alternatives to care and or treatments and of the potential advantages and the alternatives to having the procedure performed in an office or other outpatient facility.
- You have the right to participate in decisions regarding al aspects of your care.
- You have the responsibility to accurately and completely provide all clinical personnel with the health information they need including any medications that you are taking.
- You have the responsibility to follow the directions of the nurse or physician with regards to diet and or medications.
- You have the responsibility to abstain from using any drugs that have not been prescribed for you and that you have not revealed to our nurse or physician.
- You have the responsibility to abstain from the use of alcohol as directed by your nurse or physician.
- You have the responsibility to inform the nurse of physician if you do not understand any directions or if you do not understand the course of treatment planned for you.
- You have the responsibility to timely pay all medical bills which are not in dispute and to forward to us any monies you receive from any insurance company for our services.
Patient Education (helpful links)
We strive to provide you with excellent quality care. We want to improve your experience and welcome an opportunity to listen to your suggestions and complaints.
PLEASE CONTACT BARBARA, OFFICE MANAGER AT (956)903-4218
FOR OUR 208 E. STARR ST. MERCEDES TX LOCATION
We have one fairly large patient assigned parking area for your convenience in front of the buildings. The buildings are wheelchair ready.
Involvement In Your Healthcare
Everyone has a role in making healthcare safe. Our physicians, Nurses and technicians are working to make your health care safety a priority. You, as a patient, can play a vital role in making your care safe by becoming an active, involved and informed member of your healthcare team. So SPEAK UP.
S – Speak up if you have any questions or concerns and if you don’t understand, ask again.
P – Pay attention to the care, treatment and medications you are receiving.
E – Educate yourself about your diagnosis and your treatment plan.
A – Ask a trusted family member or companion to be your advocate.
K – Know what medications you take and time you take them.
U – Use a healthcare facility that provides quality care.
P – Participate in all decisions about your treatment.
Patient Portal Signup
Please follow up with a physician after an ER visit or Hospital Discharge.
Complete/Annual Physical Exams Policy
We highly recommend that ALL our patients have regular Complete Physical Exams (Annual Screening/Preventative Visits, etc.) every 1-2 years. It is your responsibility to verify that your insurance will reimburse preventative visits if you are scheduled for such. Be advised that some insurance companies routinely do not cover preventative visits. For more information contact us:
(956) 903-4218 | 208 E. Starr St. Mercedes, TX
Lab Results are preferrably reported in person by physician.
Results – Other Studies
An office visit will automatically be required to review ECG/MRI/CAT Scan studies.
Abnormal results (blood test, x ray or any other test) are preferably reported in person by the physician.
Printable PDF Forms for Download